Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"The Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease" (Mosiah 24:15)

Here in West Valley there is a mammoth of a climb we have to ride over everyday.  We call it: Bangerter Bridge.  Because our two wards are split across a highway we have to cross the bridge everyday. The Bangerter highway was put in a few years ago, and, to help with safety, the city erected a large pedestrian overpass to prevent auto pedestrian accidents.  It takes ten minutes to walk and ends up being about a fourth of a mile with the switchbacks.  Sister Denton, my companion, decided to use it as an expletive one day, yelling, "Bangerter!"

My first time over the bridge I was exhausted, but I made it to the top.  The first time biking thou I didn't quite make it up. By the time I was halfway it felt like I had no energy left in me, and I was climbing so slowly I might has well have been walking.  At the hairpin I got off my bike and walked.  Each day I got off at the turn and walked the rest of the way.,  Eventually, I was able to continue on after the turn and make it up a little further.  One day, I waited for the walk signal to turn and then raced across the intersection.  I made it to hairpin and zoomed around it, trying to keep the momentum going. I rode closer and closer until I hit the top.  I had made it.  I hope drivers underneath weren't startled because as soon as I made it I let out a whoop of success.

There are many mountains to climb throughout our life, and sometimes it feels impossible to pedal. Luckily, we can get off and walk.  It doesn't matter how slowly we go as long as we make it.  Each trial can be taken one step at a time.  When we finally arrive at the top we'll want to cheer.

When we use Christ's atonement in our lives we will "remember [our pains no more" and the joy from the success will be more than the pain from the climb.  If we keep the faith, press on, and always have our eyes fixed on Christ we will make it to the top.

Use the atonement in your life.  Let Christ carry you when you can't walk another step.  I testify that He loves you.  He is waiting for you to open the door and let Him in.  I know He lives.  I know that we can turn to Him in every challenge and he will strengthen us.  I so testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment