Friday, April 25, 2014

Because of Him

16 "For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;
17 "But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
18 " Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bled at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit - and would that i might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink -
19 "Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men." 
D&C 19:16-19

The suffering that Jesus Christ went through is impossible to fully comprehend, but this much I do know: if, of all the people ever to live on the earth, you were the only one to accept the atonement, Christ would still suffer for everyone just for you.  He suffered for all of our pains, heartache, infirmities, and sorrow.  He felt it all.  Because He loves you he made that infinite sacrifice.  Because of Him I can be forgiven.  Because of Him I get second chances.  And because of Him I can live again.

Because of Him video (100% worth watching):
https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=eng

What is possible for you because of Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment