Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind" (Alma 36:27)

I'm so grateful for this gospel.  I know that even if I don't affect anyone here I am truly converted.  I love Alma 36:27.  "And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me."  Alma had such a strong belief in God.  When he and the sons of Mosiah had been teaching the Lamanites they were spit on, cast our, mocked, stoned, and bound with strong cords (Alma 26:29).  He didn't blame God for the bad; he thanked God for the good.  He said "we see that God is mindful of every people...and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth...yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever."  

When Joseph was in Liberty jail for months with little hope even he felt forsaken.  God answered his prayers by saying, "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment...Thou art not yet as Job," (D&C 121) and in D&C 122 he says "the Son of Man hath descended below them all.  Art thou greater than he?"  That is a question we all need to answer when we are going through hardship.  Christ suffered all of this even though he had no sin.  Are we better than him?  We shouldn't feel entitled.

I'm grateful that I get to study the scriptures so much and teach others how to achieve the happiness I have.  I know that this church is the true church of God on the earth.  Joseph Smith saw God and translated The Book of Mormon.  President Monson leads the church today through that same authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment